Thursday, November 12, 2009

I'm Going Public

Today my mother, Joanne, made her blogging debut from NC, my best friend Sarah entertains us with her wit when Seattle allows it, Jordan inspires us with her art/music from Chicago, Lisa reminds us to love the simple things in life and “make lemonade,” and Samantha amazes us as she balances being a wife and a mom in Denver. Those are just to name a few who update regularly. For all the others who keep us in their hearts and minds daily, weekly, maybe only monthly we appreciate it.

The women above are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to explaining who I am and where I come from, and as time goes on you will understand how each of them have impacted my life. For the women listed above and so many more, thank you.

This week I am back in the Burg - that's right good ole' Harrisonburg, VA. The place where I had spent 4 years learning who I was and who I didn’t want to be. There is something about driving on 81(North or South) and reaching Exit 245 -it just does something to the soul and if you are fellow alum, I am sure you know what I am talking about. I am here for a few days, watching EG and BB, while their parents are enjoying a nice vacation. Although I couldn't even attempt to explain how much JMU/Harrisonburg has made an impact on my life (in one blog at least)- the Burg will always be a place of joy, happiness and fond memories.

For now, I am going to enjoy some Thursday night TV, a hot cup of tea, and a quiet/clean house in front of the fire.

I hope you enjoy the journey...

No comments:

Post a Comment