Tuesday, March 2, 2010

March Madness but Not Because of Basketball

March is one of my favorite months. Mostly because of my birthday, but still St. Patrick’s day, Spring, the sunshine, Lacrosse and so many other things to be happy about…
                                                             
Sunday night I submitted my application for the McLean Bible Church Future Leaders Program – one-year leadership program is designed to develop the next generation of church leaders with the hope that many will transition into permanent employees of MBC/Frontline. It was a remarkable experience to fill out the application and reflect on God’s glory and the many blessings of the past 5 years.

Since moving to northern VA, I have been actively involved in McLean Bible and truly love every moment I spend in fellowship, and community. I am anxious and excited to see what the future might hold with MBC and the Future Leaders program. I have my first phone interview today at 3 and I couldn’t be more ecstatic.

On another note, lacrosse is off to a great start… Our first game in on Monday, March 8th at 7:30pm… this week will mean tough love to get us into shape and ready to go. Varsity has till next Thursday, so JV will really need to step it up aka I will need a great plan of attack. I am convinced the 8th graders are very scared of me, so today I will take a new approach. Maybe promise them uniforms or something. The rest of the schedule will be posted once finalized… any love and support would be appreciated J

As far as my job, things are going well, this month I will get an Annual Review, which will be interesting to hear feedback. I have some feedback from colleagues and indirect managers on LinkedIn but I am excited to see where I stand on the performance scale.

The countdown till my birthday has begun. I am so excited this year to spend time with friends all weekend. Events will be announced in the upcoming week, but Saturday night will be a joint High School throw back party with Lee Brooks! I already know 24 is going to be a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment